International organisations and initiatives:
- CGAP: CGAP is a consortium of 30 public and private development agencies working together to expand access to financial services for the poor in developing countries;
- MFTransparency: MicroFinance Transparency is an international non-governmental organisation that promotes transparency by facilitating microfinance pricing disclosure, offering policy advisory services and developing training and education materials for all market stakeholders;
- Mix Market: The MIX MARKET is a global, web-based, microfinance information platform. It provides information to sector actors and the public at large on microfinance institutions (MFIs) worldwide, public and private funds that invest in microfinance, MFI networks, raters/external evaluators, advisory firms, and governmental and regulatory agencies;
- SMART Campaign: The Smart Campaign is a global campaign committed to embedding client protection practices into the institutional culture and operations of the microfinance industry. To learn more about the SMART Campaign, find their recent videos here;
- SPTF: The Social Performance Task Force (SPTF) engages with microfinance stakeholders to develop, disseminate and promote standards and good practices for social performance management and reporting.
Platforms in Europe:
- Denmark - Dansk Forum for Mikrofinans
- Germany - Mikrofinanz Wiki
- Luxembourg: InFiNe (Inclusive Finance Network Luxembourg)
- Spain - RemEX (Red Española de Microfinanzas en el Exterior)
- Switzerland - Swiss Microfinance Platform
- United Kingdom: Microfinance Club UK
- European Microfinance Platform - e-MFP
- Agri-ProFocus: Agri-ProFocus (APF) is a partnership with Dutch roots that promotes farmer entrepreneurship in developing countries;
- The Initiative for Smallholder Finance: The Initiative for Smallholder Finance is a multi-donor effort designed to demonstrate how specific products and services can expand the reach of financing for smallholder farmers;
- The Rural Finance Learning Centre: The Rural Finance Learning Centre is the new information gateway providing access to information and materials designed to support capacity building in organisations providing financial services in rural areas.
- Day for Change: The Day for Change Foundation was established in 2006 to put microcredit in the spotlight. Because people in the Netherlands join in their own creative entrepreneurial efforts, microcredit for the world's poorest people is possible. This way, a sustainable income for millions of people is at our fingertips;
- Directory of development organisations: The directory of development organisations, listing 43.500 development organisations, has been prepared to facilitate international cooperation and knowledge sharing in development work, both among civil society organisations, research institutions, governments and the private sector;
- ILO: The International Labour Organisation (ILO) promotes the use of microfinance for Decent Work: job creation, better working conditions, less child labour and debt bondage, social justice;
- Making Finance Work for Africa: The Making Finance Work for Africa Partnership is an initiative to support the development of African Financial Sectors;
- UNCDF: UNCDF contributes to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals in Least Developed Countries through a variety of innovative approaches in both local development and microfinance;
- UNPRI: The United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investment Initiative (PRI) is a network of international investors working together to put the six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice.