Date: Thursday, August 8th 2019
Time: 15:00-16:00 CEST
Over the past decade, sustainable and impact investing has grown from a niche form of financing to being implemented by practically every major financial institution.
Companies such as COFCO and Wilmar have secured substantial loans tied to their sustainability efforts. Similarly, BNP Paribas announced it would use $10 billion in capital by 2025 for projects that are committed to improving social and environmental impact in developing countries. The World Bank also recently doubled its five-year climate investments to around US$200 billion.
However, the impact of this growing interest in sustainable finance still remains unclear and there is still no real consensus on how to measure it.
In this hour long webinar, we will assess how finance is engaging in sustainable commodities and ask our speakers questions such as:
• Has sustainability finally started to take centre stage within financial institutions?
• What type of information, metrics, targets and KPIs are investors seeking?
• Which sustainable financing options are now available?
• How are investors factoring climate impacts into their decision making?
• Dick Ligthart, associate director – green, social and sustainability bonds, ABN AMRO
• Maria Lombardo, head of responsible investment EMEA, Invesco
• Anita McBain, head of responsible investment and ESG, M&G
Investments Moderated by Tobias Webb, founder, Innovation Forum If you can’t make the time, sign up anyway and we will send you a recording
Click here to sign up for the webinar.