ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Swiss Capacity Building Facility (SCBF) is a public-private development partnership (PPDP) established in April 2011 to assist financial institutions such as insurance companies, microfinance banks, and savings and commercial banks, in significantly scaling up their outreach to poor people in developing countries.
ABOUT THE JOB:
To reinforce the SCBF’s operations in West Africa, the SCBF is recruiting a local Financial Inclusion and Financial Education Specialist in West Africa. The Financial Inclusion Specialist will support SCBF members and partners in designing high-quality interventions in the region, monitor and evaluate strategic interventions and contribute to the SCBF’s knowledge management functions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the design of high-quality technical assistance proposals with a regional focus on West Africa in line with the thematic priorities of the SCBF.
- Support SCBF in monitoring selected technical assistance interventions in the West Africa region.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate the performance of technical assistance projects of strategic importance in the region.
- Contribute to the knowledge management function of the SCBF by drawing findings and conclusions from evaluation of these projects.
- Represent the SCBF in West Africa.
- Liaise with the Central Bank of West African States as well as the SDC offices in the region.
- Various, including support of workshop organization in the region, inputs to SCBF final reports, partnership building, and other as requested.
The successful candidate will bring an excellent understanding of the financial inclusion sectors in West Africa and a strong regional network. She or he will have an excellent understanding of and a proven record in:
- At least ten years in responsible financial inclusion, comprising inclusive banking and insurance, gender issues in financial inclusion, and social performance management of financial institutions.
- Financial literacy training, responsible marketing, business and farmer management skills training, as well as client research.
- Knowledge management and network facilitation.
- Entire project management cycle.
- Excellent proficiency in French and fluency (written and oral) in English are required. Local languages and Arabic are an asset.
- Higher education in a preferred field of study: economics, development finance, business administration or other comparable field.
- Motivated fast learner with a strong ability to work independently and maintain a consistent, high level of productivity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org