ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Women’s World Banking is the global leader in women’s financial inclusion. Rooted in its deep understanding of the women’s market, Women’s World Banking tackles financial inclusion in three interconnected ways: first, by partnering with financial services providers to develop scalable market-driven solutions; second, through its gender-lens private equity fund; and, finally, because diverse institutions are proven to be stronger, Women’s World Banking builds institutional capacity through leadership and diversity programs. Through this holistic approach and the organization’s global reach of 49 institutions in 32 countries, Women’s World Banking accelerates economic opportunity for low-income women and growth for financial service providers in the emerging markets.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Women’s World Banking is looking for a Manager for its Financial Services Delivery Team to plan and coordinate all aspects of banking and financial services products and services projects (savings, loans, digital, insurance, Fintech, etc.) from discovery to delivery. The ideal candidate has experience, preferably in a consulting capacity, leading cross-functional teams such as research, behavioral design and strategic advisory to deliver for clients in the financial services industry. Must have experience developing detailed project plans and managing all implementation processes including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, resolution of issues and risks, testing, documentation, training and on-time delivery within budget constraints. This position requires strong business acumen, experience in the financial services sector and excellent project and program management skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Become a subject matter expert on how the clients’ business and operating models work through supporting examinations of structures and processes using industry techniques and methodologies.
- Utilize analysis and findings to lead the development of hypotheses, as well as quantitative and qualitative tests to prove or disprove them, that solve complex client challenges.
- Lead synthesis of analysis, research, and observations into unique, high-value insights that lead to actionable recommendations for clients.
- Lead development of models and projections to estimate the financial impact of ideas on client’s business.
- Develop high-quality presentations and reports designed for a multitude of audiences, ranging from middle managers to VPs and Board Members to communicate findings, recommendations, strategies, and plans.
- Become the day-to-day face of the firm through building deep, effective working relationships with a wide array of clients in different industries.
- Establish project management best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Work directly with leadership, participate in project planning to define scope and objectives of programs and utilize strong project management skills, stakeholder management experience, networking, and communication skills.
- Establish relationships and collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand and enhance processes, leverage existing content and materials, identify interdependencies and common issues, and share leading practices across initiatives.
- Secondary development opportunities include working on internal IP development, conducting industry research and analysis, supporting business development efforts, and other internal projects.
- Five to seven years of prior business experience, consulting experience in the financial services industry strongly preferred.
- Strong project management experience, managing multiple projects or programs simultaneously strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to execute rigorous, analytically intensive work, including demonstrated mastery of Excel. Knowledge advanced data analysis, visualization, and statistical tools a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated track record of working a in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team where success depends on the contributions of each individual.
- Experience working on large scale global projects, leading cross-functional teams virtual, ensuring milestones are on schedule and keeping stakeholders informed of progress.
- High degree of comfort performing in an ambiguous, fast-paced, highly demanding, yet rewarding and stimulating environment.
- Strong experience in client-facing roles with senior managers and VP-level executives at leading companies across the globe.
- Superb communications (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Track record of superior creativity and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven collaborative, negotiation, and persuasion skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and strong business acumen.
- Experience with financial services and/or developing products and services (savings, loans, insurance, digital, Fintech, etc.).
- Master’s degree or working towards degree.
- PMP certification or working towards certification.
- Experience in research, finance, financial modeling, consulting, etc.
- Full Professional working proficiency in English and Professional working proficiency in Spanish or other language.
Click here to apply.