Position: Internship (Communication)
Assignment: 32-40 hours per week, for 5 to 6 months
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Reducing poverty, creating opportunities for smallholder farmers, empowering female entrepreneurs and promoting CO2 reduction in emerging markets are some of the focus areas of the inclusive finance sector. NpM, platform for inclusive finance, brings together Dutch development organizations, social investors and commercial banks active in inclusive finance. Together we are committed to expand access to affordable and effective financial services worldwide to improve living standards and reduce inequality. By joining efforts with our members, we increase the effectiveness of their investments and activities. At the same time, our joint efforts contribute to the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
One of NpM’s main tasks is to communicate and create awareness in and of the sector. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to support our team in various new and on-going projects, for a period of 5 to 6 months. We are looking for someone at bachelor/master level with an interest in microfinance/inclusive finance sector and excellent communication and organization skills.
What you will do:
- Update and add new content to the website and social media channels;
- Support colleagues in writing articles, blogs, newsflashes & newsletters and send them out to members;
- Assist in organizing workshops and seminars for investors, take care of practical arrangements;
- Keep internal communication databases up to date;
- Assist in preparing presentations, layout, design of reports, factsheets and infographics;
- Taking minutes during meetings;
- Assist in relationship management and communication with NpM members; and
- Assist in organization and take care of practical arrangements for our Annual NpM Conference.
What we ask from you:
- Enrolled at an educational institution;
- Interest in inclusive finance, SME Finance, rural/agri-business and/or a related topic;
- A hands-on, pro-active mentality and ability to work independently;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), understanding of Dutch is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills, for communication purposes;
- Creativity and flexibility;
- Enjoy working in dynamic, multi-cultural environments;
- IT skills (Microsoft Office Package) and comfortable using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Affinity with newsletter and Adobe design software (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) is a plus; and
- Experience in web-design, and website content management and curation is highly desirable.
What we offer you:
- Be part of a dynamic working environment;
- Meet/work with a variety of investors active in inclusive finance;
- Learn how to effectively communicate and coordinate with various partners;
- Gain experience in organizing knowledge-based events;
- Gain insight in an interesting sector that is represented by NpM;
- An internship compensation of EUR 252,10 per month based on a 40 hour workweek; and
- Travel allowance.
Send your CV and a short letter of motivation to the NpM office at email@example.com, Applications will be taken into consideration until the position is filled. We would like the intern to start as soon as possible.
For more information on the vacancy, you can send an email to the above email address. More general information about NpM and the Dutch inclusive finance sector can also be found on our website: https://www.inclusivefinanceplatform.nl/home.