Position: Internship Geodata & SME Finance
Assignment: 32-40 hours per week, for 5 to 6 months
Starting Date: Preferably in February 2020
NpM, Platform for Inclusive Finance is a member platform for Dutch investors in the worldwide inclusive finance sector. Together with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and our members, we are committed to expanding access to affordable financial services worldwide. We believe in a clear link between financial inclusion and development. Access to financial services offers people the possibility to improve their living standards, which in turn reduces inequality. Inclusive finance can result in poverty alleviation, job creation, food security, gender equality, and equitable growth. It is our mission to increase the effectiveness of our members’ inclusive finance investments and activities. Therefore, we promote effective partnerships to combine efforts, and complement expertise and objectives. In addition, we support our members in contributing to the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious intern to support the programme manager with the Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food (G4IFF) workstream. This workstream focuses on the use of geospatial information to increase access to financial services for smallholder farmers worldwide. To promote the use of geodata, NpM organized the G4IFF Innovator’s Challenge for tech and FinTech companies in 2018. Participants were to develop geodata-based applications for FIs to facilitate the financing of smallholder farmers in emerging economies.
We are looking for someone with an interest in the microfinance/inclusive finance sector, excellent communication and organizational skills. The internship will start in January 2020 for the duration of 5 to 6 months.
What you will do:
- Support the relationship management and communication with NpM members, AgTech/FinTech companies, MFIs and other stakeholders;
- Support Programme Manager in shaping and execution of Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food workstream 2020-2022;
- Assist in preparing presentations, layout and design of reports;
- Draft messaging and update social media channels with relevant news;
- Assist in organizing workshops and seminars for investors;
- Assist in various organizational and practical tasks for NpM.
What we ask from you:
- Interest in Inclusive Finance, Impact Investing, SME Finance, AgTech/FinTech, Rural/Agri-business, International Development, Digital Transformation and/or a related topic;
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, multi-cultural environment;
- A hands-on, pro-active mentality and ability to work independently;
- Fluent in English (both verbal and written), understanding of Dutch is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills for communication purposes;
- IT skills (Office Package) and comfortable using social media (Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Enrolled at an educational institution, this is a must, and living in the Netherlands.
What we offer:
- Be part of a dynamic working environment;
- Meet/work with a variety of actors active in inclusive finance and impact investing;
- Learn how to effectively communicate with various partners;
- Gain skills in project management with multiple stakeholders;
- Gain experience in organizing knowledge-based events;
- Gain insight in the Dutch inclusive finance sector that is represented by NpM;
- A monthly internship compensation of EUR 252,10 based on a 40-hour contract;
- Travel compensation.
Send your CV and a short letter of motivation to the NpM office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline 31 January 2020. We prefer the intern to start in February 2020, however, the starting date is negotiable.
For more information on the vacancy, you can send an email to the above email address. More general information about NpM and the Dutch inclusive finance sector can also be found on our website: www.inclusivefinanceplatform.nl.