ADA is a Luxembourgish NGO which plays a leading role in the inclusive finance sector. ADA is a partner of choice for the support of the autonomous development of populations excluded from traditional financial services.
You will be joining ADA with a view to strengthening ADA’s investment advice activities and to contribute to the growth of microfinance institutions in order to provide a better response to the needs of populations excluded from financial services.
- Proactively identify financial partnership opportunities with microfinance institutions (MFIs)
- Perform due diligence of potential partners
- Carry out negotiations with the institutions
- Prepare investment dossiers on the basis of financial and social analysis of the institutions
- Collect legal documentation related to transactions and support in the review of key legal
- Monitor the investment portfolio according to assigned regions
- Take part in key sector events (i.e. investors’ forums, conferences)
- Develop partnerships, particularly with other actors in the sector
- University degree in a field related to economics/finance
- A minimum of 5 years’ of microfinance and/or investment experience
- Experience within an investment fund specialised in microfinance and/or a rating agency would be
- Capacity to carry out the financial analysis of microfinance institutions
- Familiarity with legal documentation related to transactions origination and management (i.e. loan
agreements, waivers, amendments…)
- Competency in the area of risk management
- Excellent analytical and summarising skills
- Capacity to negotiate effectively and build solid partnerships with external parties
- Excellent knowledge of IT tools (MS office)
- Fluency in at least two languages: English is mandatory, French and/or Spanish would be an
- Other qualities: rigour, autonomy, conciseness, interest in microfinance, ability to work in a team,
must be prepared to travel extensively.
The successful applicant will be given a permanent contract based in the city of Luxembourg. If you are interested in this position, would like to join a dynamic team, you are available and you meet with the requirements, please send your application by 17 April 2020 by email, marked for the attention of Sylvie Marquegnies, with ref. Invest. Officer to: firstname.lastname@example.org