Follow your heart. Use your head. Triodos Bank
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank we ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for almost 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society.
Emerging Markets Investments Team
Within Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, the Emerging Markets (EM) team manages funds that invest in financial institutions specialised in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in developing countries where the use of Fintech opens new routes to provide access to financial services. We are expanding our outreach in support of prominent transitions like the Energy, Food & agriculture transition and Social Inclusion.
The activities of EM are constantly growing. Are you eager, commercially minded, analytically strong? Do you really want to make an impact in the world and do you have an entrepreneurial attitude plus working experience within the banking or impact investment sector? Then we have an interesting position for you!
Investment Officer Africa – Middle East
(40 hours per week)
The position will (initially) be focused predominantly on East Africa
Responsibilities in this position will be:
- Manage and expand an investment portfolio in the region, consisting predominantly of debt investments
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with existing and new clients
- Commercially responsible for the full deal process, including negotiating conditions and contracting
- Initiate, maintain and deepen contacts with other stakeholders such as network partners, banking regulators, technical assistance providers and support agencies in order to develop new opportunities and market knowledge of covered countries
- Analyse financial statements, undertake risk assessments, perform DD, write investment proposals and obtain support for finance proposals by presenting investment recommendations to the investment committee
- Be a representative of Triodos Bank and our mission
- A result-oriented, open and entrepreneurial work attitude. Creative, solution oriented.
- Strong commercial skills: building relationships and a deal-oriented attitude, excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to analyse the financial and operational structure of different types of institutions and understand their risks in the complexity of the context of an emerging market
- Ability to analyse legal and tax structure
- Strong affinity with the region
- Fluent in English and French. Arabic is considered a pre
- Willingness to travel to the region on a regular basis
- Team player
- The position is based in Zeist, The Netherlands. Applicants must have or obtain (with support of Triodos) a valid work permit for the European Union.
- Proven affinity with inclusive finance and impact investing
- Academic (master) degree, preferably in Business Economics or Accounting/Finance
- Significant banking and/or other relevant impact investing experience (min. 3 years) with a focus on (international) finance, preferably as an account/investment manager in the (impact) investments industry
You want to make a difference?
Our first priority is impact – the difference is made by us as an Investment Manager and you as an Investment Officer. We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal development and believe in education and training. https://www.triodos.com/careers
Are you interested?
For more information about this position, please contact Frank Streppel, Global head of Investments by e-mail: Frank.streppel@Triodos.nl
Please send your motivation letter including CV before 16 June to Peter Klessens by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Details from this advertisement are not to be used for marketing purposes.