ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
FRAGG Investment Management Limited is an impact and Climate fund management and investment advisory firm with special focus on investments in the impact sectors. FRAGG channels investments into the multi-sector (Impact and Green) SMEs in West Africa to generate empowerment and economic growth while creating a valuable social and environmental impact.
Following the company’s investment goals of balancing financial returns with social impact and environmental considerations, FRAGG uses both equity and debt instruments to target the clients’ financial needs through profitable investment products in a variety of sectors (agriculture/ food processing, inclusive finance, health and related services, affordable housing, climate finance (renewable energy, waste management/recycling). Additionally, FRAGG offers technical assistance in form of advisory and general business development services to SMEs aiming to improve their capacity to manage their businesses.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the investment/credit committee.
- Creating and analyzing financial models.
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
- Preparing reports based on financial statements, financial models, project progress reports, and other information from portfolio or prospective client companies.
- Designing and conducting due diligence.
- Preparing documentation for FRAGG’s internal approvals.
- Establishing and maintaining close relationships with client companies to enhance new business opportunities.
- Participating in investments negotiations and assisting in transaction documentation.
- Conducting industry and market research for business development.
- Participating in the monitoring of existing investments.
- Coordinating the activities of the investment officers and analysts.
- Develop exit strategies and lead divestment processes –
- Support the Investment Director with company and investor relations
- Develop, interpret and update complex financial models for potential and current projects
- Perform periodic project performance and credit review of investment as agreed with the
- Investment Director
- Experience in Private Equity / Venture Capital firm, investment vehicle etc. (At least 3 years) with a track record in generation, execution and processing of investment private equity/venture capital deals, corporate finance, and/or structuring transactions.
- Master’s or equivalent degree with specialization in finance, economics, accounting, business management and related fields.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and sound judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Solid foundation in accounting and financial model and analysis.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Fluency in writing and speech in English and French.
- Knowledge of German is a special advantage.
- Additional professional qualifications (e.g. CFA/ACA/ACCA, MBA, PMP etc.) will be an advantage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to their applications to email@example.com with “Investment officer” in the subject line, including:
- A letter of motivation/cover letter.
- Detailed CV.
- Summarized profile (one page).