Job Title: Programme Manager
Working Week: 32/36 hours per week
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Duration: One-year contract with the possibility of extension
Reducing poverty, creating opportunities for smallholder farmers, empowering female entrepreneurs and promoting CO2 reduction in developing countries are some of the focus areas of the inclusive finance sector. NpM, platform for inclusive finance, brings together Dutch development organizations, social investors and commercial banks active in inclusive finance. Together we are committed to expand access to affordable and effective financial services worldwide to improve living standards and reduce inequality. By joining efforts with our members, we increase the effectiveness of their investments and activities. Our joint efforts contribute to the realization of the SDGs.
For this position, we are looking for an enthusiastic and active team member, who is motivated to jointly implement the inclusive finance agenda and contribute to reach the SDGs. A person with excellent organisational and analytical skills, a team player, who sees opportunities and acts upon it. In this role, you will be responsible for one or two of NpM’s programmes.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Managing programmes (e.g. rural finance and digital transformation of financial services) from beginning to end, which means you are involved in the development stage until project closure. You will determine goals, activities and ensure seamless implementation;
- Managing and working with a group of stakeholders and partners. In all NpM programmes, we closely work together with NpM members and other organizations. You will maintain and expand our network by involving and working with financial institutions, (inter)governmental organisations, private sector, knowledge institutions, standard-setting bodies and NGOs;
- Writing proposals, Terms of References, PowerPoint presentations and talk to donors for fundraising;
- Developing knowledge and coordinating research and publications, you will contract, guide and direct consultants where needed;
- Organizing working group sessions, seminars, webinars, trainings and/or conferences on specific program/sector related themes;
- Communication activities: writing content for the website and social media, such as blogs, articles and annual report;
- Administrative tasks: NpM has a small team and therefore distributes administrative tasks over its employees. This can include HR, financial administration, keeping databases up-to-date, contracting, coordinating with service support departments.
- Master’s degree, preferably in Development Economics, International Development Studies, (Business) Economics, Finance or International Relations.
Personal skills and competences:
- 2 to 4 years of working experience, preferably in the (inclusive) finance sector;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong skills in planning, organizing and prioritizing;
- Strong people skills;
- Experience in project management;
- Flexible, pragmatic and capable of working on several projects at the same time;
- General understanding of relevant policy frameworks and developments in the inclusive finance sector and in the international development sector;
- Skilled in translating insights and information into activities/plans;
- Knowledge of and affinity with inclusive finance, rural finance and digital transformation of financial services;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English language (please note fluency in Dutch is highly preferred for this position);
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- An interesting position in the field of Inclusive Finance;
- Exposure to a large national and international network;
- Enthusiastic and committed colleagues;
- A market conform salary plus 8% holiday allowance, a 13th month and travel allowance (commuting). The salary for this position for 36 hours working week ranges from €2.730 – €3.200 according to years of experience.
Deadline for application is 20th of September. To apply for the position, send your CV and a motivation letter to the NpM office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, you can approach us with questions by e-mailing the same address.