Technical Assistance Innovation Manager
32 to 40 hours a week, based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Triple Jump is an impact-focused investment manager that manages and advises several funds in the area of financial inclusion, SME finance, affordable housing, renewable energy and agriculture. Triple Jump’s mission is to go where investing capital empowers people and improves lives. Triple Jump is headquartered in Amsterdam, and has a strong footprint in the emerging markets with 5 regional offices located in Georgia, Peru, Mexico, Thailand and Kenya. The team consists of over 90 professionals, including 30 different nationalities, with broad field experience and in-depth financial expertise. Triple Jump investment portfolio spans across more than 60 countries.
Through Triple Jump’s Market Development services we provide Seed Capital, Technical Assistance (TA) and Advisory services to portfolio companies and their customers globally to help develop and scale financial inclusive markets. As Technical Assistance Manager you will support the Market Development team in the development, implementation and scaling of non-financial services linked to one or more of the investment mandates that Triple Jump manages.
More specifically you will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and scaling of non-financial services to investees that contribute to building inclusive financial
markets, initially with a focus on digital transformation (www.digitalinclusivefinance.org) and lean social outcome measurement;
- Exploring other innovative business opportunities (non-financial services) that contribute to furthering the finance frontier;
- Raising additional funding to enable scaling of the services;
- Acquiring new clients in Africa and Asia & development of technical assistance service offer, quality control and reporting;
- Contributing to building Triple Jump’s brand as reputable, knowledgeable front-runner in the impact investment sector;
- Participate in and contribute to company-wide projects when requested.
- > 7 years of relevant working experience in the field of strategy development, innovation, consulting or TA in the inclusive finance sector in developing countries;
- > 2 years of experience in managing multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Solid understanding of and experience with organizational development of financial service providers in emerging markets;
- Affinity and familiarity with digital transformation, fintech and/or advanced data analytics to foster financial inclusion;
- Knowledge of methods and concepts like design thinking, human centered design, digital culture, organisational change and agile project management is an asset;
- Preferably existing network of qualified consultants and financial service providers across Africa and Asia;
- MBA-education or comparable level;
- Fluent in English and a working knowledge of French. A local African language, Arab or Spanish is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter, creative;
- Affinity with innovative business development: ability to translate strategic opportunities in concrete business objectives & services;
- Good consulting and project management skills;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Networking and acquisition skills.
Triple Jump offers you
- A salary competitive for the impact investing sector, 13th month, plus benefits such as a variable part up to a maximum of 10% of your salary. The package includes 28 days of annual leave, based on a full-time contract;
- A dynamic, multi-cultural and collegiate working environment;
- The position is initially for 1 year. If successful, the candidate can be offered a permanent position;
- Social activities such as weekly boot camp and an annual team week where all staff gathers in Amsterdam;
- Good work-life balance in the Amsterdam Area.
Are you interested? Please send your application to Jeanette Bouman before March 7, 2020 via https://jobs.triplejump.eu. More information about the position can be obtained through Jeanette Bouman (HR Manager) or Marnix Mulder (Director Market Development) at +31 20 2202 806.