Original Source: TCX
TCX INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY B.V. (TIM)
As manager of The Currency Exchange Fund (TCX)
Job Title: VP Risk Management
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) function will: Establishes appropriate ERM framework including risk policies, metrics, reporting and monitoring. Ensures alignment of Risk Management with fund Strategy. Provides direction for the allocation of resources for Risk Management. Ensures that appropriate Risk Owners are designated. Facilitate the execution of ERM Framework. Supports Senior Management and the Board in ensuring that risks are mitigated to the desired level. Ensures that the Risk Management Framework facilitates continuous improvement of organization capabilities for management of its top priority risks. Ensures that Risk Management is guided by its Vision, Mission, Philosophy, Objectives and Policies. Assist the Board and Senior Management in balancing the organization risk taking ability with its approved Risk Appetite to protect as well as enhance Corporate Value. Ensures that Managers at all levels are performing their desired role as per the ERM Framework Delineates the specific roles and responsibilities pertaining to risk taking versus risk monitoring. Provides assurance that communication plan for Risk Management is both coherent and capably executed. Represents the main change agent for the implementation and continuous improvement of the ERM system.
- Setting up the framework and processes necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company’s operational, business and strategic risk.
- Developing Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies to analyze and report enterprise risks, and to manage risks according to an enterprise risk management framework.
- Ensuring the organization’s risk management policies and strategies are in compliance with applicable risk management regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization.
- Establishing the Enterprise Risk Management architecture for the company. Overseeing and monitoring all operational risk management activities of the organization.
- Monitoring and analyzing risks within the company’s business units and reports on these risks to the CRO and the funds management team.
- Secretariat and or providing key inputs into the company’s enterprise risk committee that oversees the enterprise risk management process and ensures alignment with organizational objectives.
- Monitoring the change risk and assessing the Business Continuity Planning activities for the organization.
Experience: The ideal candidate has between 7 and 10 years of experience enterprise risk management and/or operational risk management role in microfinance or a financial institution.
Competencies: The ideal candidate possesses some or all the following professional or personal competencies:
- Ability to work with all level of management.
- Strong presence and can interact with senior management.
- Can effectively analyze significant amount of data information and filter it to key points helping management to analyze risks.
- Capability to summarize and interpret risk reports from different Departments.
- Proven experience in operational risk management, risk identification and assessment.
- Previous experience in auditing and/or finance is a plus.
- Ability to write / revise risk policies and guidelines and review/maintain Risk Register.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to quickly understand the various functional / departmental requirements.
- Skilled in analysis and review of reports and making presentations to Senior Management. To freely interact with multicultural workforce; and with strong influencing, organization, leadership and negotiating skills.
- Possesses refined communication skills and advanced speaking capabilities.
- Be empathic, enthusiastic and passionate about working in ERM culture.
- Experience in trading environment and (FX), fixed income and interest rates derivative products is a plus.
- Result-oriented, international outlook and mindset, pro-active and accountable personality who sets and meets objectives and is able to work under pressure.
- Enthusiasm, drive and determination; excellent communication and social skills, comfortable in developing relationships at all levels.
Academic Qualifications: Finance or economy background. At least Master’s degrees.
Languages: Fluent in English.
Computer skills: Strong excel and PowerPoint skills.
TCX Investment Management Company BV (TIM) – www.tcxfund.com
TIM is the exclusive investment manager of The Currency Exchange Fund NV (TCX or the Fund). TCX is an innovative capital markets initiative focusing on the provision of longterm cross-currency and interest-rate derivatives in frontier market currencies. TCX offers hedges to international investors that provide long term local currency funding to developing country borrowers, or to domestic USD or EUR borrowers in these countries. TCX was formed in 2007 and currently runs a global emerging market swaps portfolio of USD 1.5 billion (notional value), with the intention to double this.
TCX operates on a double bottom line, seeking to offer sustainable local currency solutions to participants in its target markets whilst expecting a profitable, market based return. It has a capital base of circa USD 600 million provided by 20 leading development finance institutions and microfinance investors (including IFC, EBRD, KfW, FMO, AFD/Proparco, JBIC, AfDB, DBSA and others).
TCX’s origination is closely linked to that of its investors. A predominant source of transactions is meeting the hedging requirements of its investors directly, leading to a very close cooperative effort between the TIM commercial team and that of the investing institutions. A secondary transaction origination channel is the direct approach to investor clients in developing countries. TIM currently has 27 employees. The CRO’s office presently consists of 2 employees. A significant portion of the non-commercial activities and support functions are outsourced to several operational partners, including Cardano Risk Management B.V. and DLM Finance B.V.
A competitive package based on education level and working experience.
Ilona Eichler, HRM (firstname.lastname@example.org)