Emerging Markets Investments Team
Within Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, the Emerging Markets (EM) team manages funds that invest in financial institutions specialized in the provision of microfinance and SME finance in developing countries where the use of Fintech opens new routes to provide access to financial services. We are expanding our outreach in support of prominent transitions like the Energy, Food & agriculture transition and Social inclusion.
The activities of EM are constantly growing. Are you ambitious, smart and entrepreneurial?
Do you really want to make an impact in the world, and do you have an analytical attitude plus working experience within the banking or impact investment sector? Then we have an interesting position for you!
Associate Fund Manager (40 hours per week)Interesting opportunity for an ambitious high potential
Responsibilities in this position will be:
You will support the fund managers in the management of Triodos IM’s three distributable financial inclusion funds; Triodos Microfinance Fund (TMF), Triodos Fair Share Fund (TFSF) and Sustainability Finance Real Economies Fund (SFRE Fund), which includes:
- Support to the fund managers on:
- aligning the fund portfolios to the fund mandates and the appetite of investors
- setting, implementing and monitoring fund strategies
- managing the fund portfolios based on impact-risk-return
- taking hedging decisions
- Represent the funds internally and externally:
- be involved in investor meetings, presentations and due diligences
- be a sparring partner to the investment team on existing and future investments
- be a liaison with internal staff departments
- Facilitate the roll-out of the EM 2019-2021 strategy plan with a focus on diversifying the investment scope
- Support business development initiatives towards expansion of mandates in line with the EM 2019-2021 strategy plan
- Be a representative of Triodos Investment Management and our mission
- High potential, with the ambition to grow into a fund management position in 2 years
- Strong relationships builder, excellent communication and networking skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial approach
- Strong analytical capabilities both quantitative and qualitative
- Fluency in English and Dutch both orally and in writing are required
- Affinity with the mission and vision of Triodos Investment Management
- The position is based in Zeist, The Netherlands. Applicants must have or obtain (with support of Triodos) a valid work permit for the European Union.
- At least five years of relevant working experience in banking or investments, preferably in an impact investment setting in the Emerging Markets
- Client-facing experience (investments or investor relations)
- Proven experience with financial risk management
- Affinity with fund or portfolio management; including its legal and administrative aspects
- Proven affinity with inclusive finance and impact investing
- Completed academic study, preferably in Finance, Economics or Business Administration (supplemented with CFA level 1)
Follow your heart. Use your head.
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done. At Triodos Bank we ensure that money helps change society for the better. Based on this mission, we have financed companies, institutions and projects working towards positive social, ecological and cultural change for almost 40 years. We owe all this to the savers and investors who choose a fair, sustainable and humane society.
You want to make a difference?
Our first priority is impact – the difference is made by us and you as an Associate Fund Manager. We have an open and transparent corporate culture. We prioritize professional and personal development and believe in education and training. https://www.triodos.com/careers
Are you interested?
More information about this position? Please contactPartners at Work Executive SearchJosephine van der Vossen, Managing PartnerTel 035 6940425 / 0031 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date of the vacancy is 23 September 2019.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE WEBSITE!
Zeist I Triodos Investment Management