From a coherent theory of change ICCO designs, manages and implements programs for inclusive development (SDG 17) of sustainable agricultural systems to foster food and nutrition security of smallholder farmers and their families (SDG2); economic empowerment of smallholder farmers and SMEs (SDG 8) as well as more resilient and disaster-prepared communities (SDG 6 and 11). Our focus areas are inclusive finance, climate resilient food systems, new technologies and youth entrepreneurship (SDGs 10 and 12). We offer brokering services for public organisations and private companies.
Our organization consists of a Global Office in the Netherlands (Utrecht) and 5 Regional Offices and numerous associated country offices in Africa, Asia and Latin America. ICCO has approximately 400 employees worldwide and a turnover of 45M€ in 2018.
To facilitate the growth of the department Strategy and Program Support (SPS) at the global office we are looking per direct for a:
(medior) BUSINESS DEVELOPER inclusive finance (1 FTE)
BASED IN UTRECHT,
FOR A PERIOD OF 1 YEAR (possibility for extension)
The SPS department consists of several functional units that have responsibilities in terms of program and partnership management, business development, resource mobilization activities, communication and monitoring & evaluation. The department has an advisory and supporting role in proposal development to our Regional Offices. Furthermore, the department has an account management role, a knowledge development role and a strategic advisory role towards management and the Executive Board. As Business Developer, you are part of the department SPS in Utrecht and more specific, part of the business developers team.
As business developer Financial Inclusion you will promote inclusive finance policies and support country and regional programs and projects to facilitate affordable access to basic financial services for the unbanked and underserved populations and SMEs, leveraging innovative and technology-led solutions to achieve the ultimate goals of near universal access to finance
About the position
- Initiate, develop, coordinate and manage value propositions and business development processes especially on inclusive finance;
- Undertake and lead the department’s work on aspects of financial inclusion and align them with institutional objectives and support business units’ access and financial inclusion initiatives;
- Participate in grant funding initiatives for the purposes of access and financial inclusion;
- Provide technical advice to regional and country offices and other business units in developing, planning and implementing financial inclusion strategies;
- Liaise with ICCO Group BV units and other platforms for possible blending opportunities and coordinate this with the ROs and other relevant Foundation departments;
- Participate in knowledge sharing and learning activities on access and financial inclusion, and contribute to dissemination activities, conferences, workshops and learning programs;
- Be part of a global team, and see it as an inspiring challenge to work with different cultures, and time zones. You are not afraid to work with tight deadlines.
Qualifications needed for the position
- A Master’s or its equivalent in Development Economics, or any other discipline that is relevant to the operations of the SPS; strong knowledge of socio-economic development issues and policies of countries where ICCO intent to build these programs;
- 5 years of relevant work experience in business development, financial system development, proposition development or fundraising in an international development cooperation context; relevant professional experience;
- A proven track record in developing and composing winning consortia and proposals;
- Experience in translating an idea in a proposition or project and making an idea;
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude with strong networking skills, is capable to extend current networks and develop new contacts in different branches and sectors;
- Good skills to mobilize colleagues worldwide and to create new partnerships with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent language skills in English. Ability to speak Dutch, French or Spanish is a pre;
- Affinity with the Christian Ecumenical roots of ICCO Cooperation.
- Ability to work independently and also within a team; demonstrated mature sense of judgment;
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse backgrounds;
- Out of the box thinker.
What we offer
We offer a challenging new position in a working area that is rapidly and constantly changing. The position is graded in salary scale 10 ) of the ICCO GO Terms of Employment, with a gross salary from € 3417,91 (with 5 years of experience) till € 4.235,15 per month, excl. 8% holiday allowance and 8,3% end of year allowance, based on a 36-hour work week. You will be offered a fixed term contract for 12 months with the possibility to extend. The Business Developer regularly visits our Regional Offices. A medical check will be part of the procedure and references will be checked.
For more information about the job please contact Kees de Ruiter, Head of Strategy and Program Support, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, cellphone: 06 53314347.
How to apply
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English (in 1 PDF file if possible), to email@example.com, before March 10, 2020. Please mention the vacancy title and number 2020-001 in the subject title.