Position: full-time or part-time (min. 32 hours).
Are you someone who wants to make a real difference in the world? Do you want to work for an employer who brings about change and improves people’s lives? Do you wish to use your talents and skills to support a global, just society?
Oikocredit is a socially responsible investor dedicated to empowering people globally. Our mission is to provide financial services and support to organisations to improve the quality of life of low-income people or communities in a sustainable way. We offer a triple return to our investors: social, environmental and financial. More information about our organisation can be found at: www.oikocredit.coop/jobs/working-for-oikocredit.
Oikocredit is looking for an Integrated Investments Analyst to be based in its international head office in Amersfoort, the Netherlands.
The Integrated Investments Analyst will be part of a centralized, multi-national team of 6-7 (senior) analysts responsible for second-line portfolio build up, and portfolio management & quality, both while keeping in mind the triple bottom line impact.
As an Integrated Investments Analyst, you will be primarily responsible for reviewing financing proposals from Oikocredit project partners worldwide; assess the strategic fit, deal structure, ESG profile, counter-party and product–related risks and check data for consistency and accuracy. In doing so, the Integrated Investments Analyst will liaise and interact with the responsible (senior) investment officers from the regions to draw conclusions, finalize project assessments and present his/her recommendation to the Oikocredit International Credit Committee for decision-making.
Specific tasks include a/o:
- Assessing and selecting data sources with information on markets, partners, suppliers, competitors, business processes and performance levels and identify trends and business opportunities.
- Collecting data through internal research or from data sources and validate quality, consistency, accessibility and structure of data.
- Select, structure, combine and interpret external and internal data, information and developments.
- Formulate and present possible directions and issue advice considering the broader context, at request or at own initiative based on own expertise.
- Provide insights at request or at own initiative regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by means of periodical and ad hoc reports and/or analyses.
- Signal possibilities for improvement and standardization of processes, techniques and systems and (co)develop, implement and/or optimize these processes, techniques and systems (after approval)
Education and experience
For this position the following is essential:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the field of finance, economics, business administration or similar and 2-3 years’ experience (4-6 years in case of BSc) structuring deals/assessing loan proposals/ credit facilities for financial intermediaries, MSME’s or corporates in emerging markets.
- Experience or good knowledge in at least one of the following sectors: SME/microfinance, FinTech, agricultural, renewable energy
- Stakeholder management skills
- You have experience or strong interest in developing countries and/or social investing
- Strong verbal and written of English skills. Other languages (French, Spanish) considered an asset
- Excellent command of MS Office
- You will work for a professional organisation with social goals
- You will work in a unique, international and diverse environment
- You will have excellent training and learning opportunities
How to apply
Please go to www.oikocredit.coop/jobs and submit your application in English, including your CV and letter of motivation, no later than 13 October 2019.
Please note that:
- We will get back to you within two weeks after the application deadline
- Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the application deadline will not be taken into consideration in the selection process.
- The recruitment process is composed of 2 interviews and may include a case study.
- The first interviews will take place in the week of 14 October 2019 & 21 October 2019.
- In order to apply for this position you must be in possession of an EU work permit.