Triodos Bank is a global leader in sustainable banking. We provide banking services with the objective to contribute to an inclusive and sustainable society.
Triodos Investment Management (Triodos IM), a 100% subsidiary of Triodos Bank, is a leading impact investor in the transition themes Energy & Climate, Sustainable Food & Agriculture and Inclusive Society. With a total portfolio of EUR 2 billion the Impact private debt and equity team invests in companies and projects that contribute positively to these themes. The investment teams manage investments in private debt, private equity and project finance in the developed and Emerging Markets.
Triodos IM is looking for an analytical person to strengthen the Analyst team and fulfil the position of:
Portfolio Analyst Financial Inclusion
(32-40 hours a week)
The Portfolio Analyst Financial Inclusion will be part of the Analysis Team, which consists of 6 persons. The Analyst will work closely with the Emerging Markets Fund Management and Investment teams to provide support in the reporting and analysis of different Impact Investment funds in the field of inclusive finance in Emerging and Developing Markets.
- Produce high quality financial and impact reports to various stakeholders across fund portfolios of financial inclusive investments
- Monitor portfolio developments and generate management information at portfolio and fund level to guide senior management’s strategic decision making
- Support Fund Managers during investors due diligences and in answering investors’ queries
- Manage and continuously improve the sustainability framework and tools used for impact monitoring and analysis to ensure alignment with investment strategies
- Prepare Environmental and Social assessment proposals for the Investment Committees on proposed investments
- Conducting in depth market and sector analysis in the field of financial inclusion in Emerging and Developing Markets
- Analyse and report on market information and flag opportunities and threats to support strategic planning and investment opportunities
- Engage and be a representative of Triodos Investment Management in external sustainability networks and impact sector initiatives
- Take part in and provide input for strategic projects within the organization and department
- Interact with different departments like Portfolio Administration, Risk &Compliance, Marketing, Sales and Communication
The position requires
- Academic degree, preferably in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Sustainability
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in the Impact Financial Inclusion sector
- Thorough understanding of impact and sustainability-related indicators in financial institutions
- Strong knowledge and experience of Excel is a hard prerequisite, knowledge and experience of Qlik Sense and KNIME is a preference
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Applicants must be nationals of a European member state or have a valid work permit for the EU
This is you
- Strong analytical, modelling and reporting skills and a quantitative orientation with the ability to work with complex data structures
- Ability to think creatively and initiate improvements that lead to high quality analysis and reports
- Good social and communication skills
- Show a positive attitude on the agile way of working; entrepreneurship, client focus, resilience and continuous improving the processes and services
- Work in a structured way; keep others informed, good planning, prioritizing & organizing skills, on time and well prepared
- Have a strong affinity and personal connection to the mission and goals of Triodos Bank
Welcome at Triodos IM
Do you want to be part of an organization that has as mission to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change? Money has the power to get things done.
Triodos IM is a globally recognised leader in impact investing. Triodos IM currently manages 16+ funds invested in both Europe and emerging markets. Over the years the business has grown to EUR 4.9 billion. This growth is the result of Triodos IM’s deep market sector insights and knowledge in combination with the sustainability objectives and commitments of our partners. We work with around 200 co-workers, diversity is key which is mirrored in an international group of people where authenticity is valued.
We have an open, non-hierarchical and transparent corporate culture. We prioritise professional and personal growth and believe in education and training on the job. The formal language is English. More information? See https://www.triodos-im.com
The brand new, sustainable office is based in Driebergen, the Netherlands at the Estate Reehorst, just 3 minutes’ walk from the train station.
Impact on society is the number one priority, both for us and for you. Our employment conditions reflect this vision. This includes:
- a salary appropriate to the position, our remuneration policy and your capabilities
- an attractive pension policy
- 100% remuneration of commuting expenses when using public transport
- a company bicycle scheme
- 29 holiday days with a 40-hour working week, plus the option of buying 2 weeks of extra holiday
- extra leave to contribute to voluntary work.
- a range of education and training opportunities
- flexible working hours and the opportunity to work from home
- the option to join our collective health insurance
For more information about this position, please contact Daniela Protas, Analyst via email Daniela.Protas@triodos.nl
Want to join our team? Please send in your motivation letter and CV (in English) before May 17th, 2020 to the attention of Dorette Hollestelle – Geesink, Sr. HR Advisor Triodos IM.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.